Sunday, December 11, 2011

Community Connections Publication Party

(image heavy)


















Last Friday was the publication party for Ship and the FCLC's Oral History book. Students read from their essays and many of the community partners were able to join us. I thought I would share some photos from the event (you'll have to excuse the lighting...my camera isn't the greatest). There was a photographer a bit more experienced than I am there to take some other photos-- perhaps I can post those later.

I loved seeing the students meet again with their community partners after the readings and chat-- this wasn't a requirement but most of the students did it anyway and it was really sweet to see.

Also, doesn't the cover look fantastic? Megan Fick, the student editor, did a great job.

No comments:

Post a Comment